Venue of Event: Online
- To enable Nigerian youth to learn about the principles of internet governance and contribute to developing infrastructure, policy, and standards in Nigeria.
- To encourage the integration and inclusion of Nigerian youth in national internet-related public policy meetings and events.
- To maximize internet opportunities and address risks and challenges that arise.
Date: 29 September 2021, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM UTC
Theme: “Internet for all; rights, responsibilities, and opportunities for the youth”
The theme for the 2021 NYIGF event “Internet for all; rights, responsibilities, and opportunities for the youth” addresses the need to encourage the integration and inclusion of Nigerian youths in national internet-related public policy meetings and events and also to maximize internet opportunities and address risks and challenges that arise.
It also addresses the need to learn about the principles of internet governance
and contribute to developing infrastructure, policy, and standards in Nigeria.
The following sub-themes for the event will discuss specific issues highlighted by the NYIGF community to map out a way forward for addressing arising opportunities and challenges within the society;
- The role of the internet in empowering the Nigerian Youth – challenges and opportunities
- The Impact of enhancing Internet Rights and Inclusion
- Data (Governance, privacy, data localization, big data)
AFTER THE EVENT
- Publish our 2021 youth communique which showcases youth recommendations on the key internet issues encountered within our community
- Define and explore avenues through which we can promote the participation of Nigerian youth in both global and local Internet governance processes.
EVENT PARTICIPATION GUIDELINES
Our organizing committee members are dedicated to creating a safe and enabling online participatory experience for our community members. REGISTER FOR THE EVENT HERE to receive step-by-step guidelines on how to efficiently connect and participate in the main forum event.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM 2021 ONLINE NYIGF
- ENGAGE with pathways to influence policymaking and contribute to priority setting in the public and private sectors.
- CONNECT with youth from across Nigeria working to map solutions to complex ICT and digital economy problems and find partners to help put them into action.
- LEARN through workshops and skill-building seminars with the industry youth experts and take advantage of recorded content to learn at your own pace.